HSV today released details of a stylish SportsCat 4x4 limited edition model.
To be known as the “SportsCat RS”, and offered exclusively in Summit White, this special value pack features a range of design enhancements that deliver distinctive street appeal.
The styling updates start at the front-end with the addition of a gloss black grille, a gloss black lower fascia and inserts and a gloss black splash tray. Red and black decals frame the edge of the bonnet while a distinctive red and black “HSV” logo adorns the tub and prominent red and black decals frame the HSV hard tonneau and door sills.
The SportsCat RS features a prominent “bonnet bulge” while at the side of the vehicle, rugged wheel arch fender flares frame bold 18” x 10” 6-spoke forged alloy wheels wrapped in Cooper Zeon LTZ Pro Sports All-terrain tyres that provide the perfect balance between off-road capability and on-road ride and handling comfort.
The “RS” model’s exterior styling enhancements are complemented by an impressive array of features that have pitched HSV’s SportsCat as one of the most dynamic 4x4’s on the market.
The SportsCat RS will feature a smooth shifting 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select as standard equipment.
A stylish and functional hard tonneau, with load-rail provision and quick-release mechanism, combined with a rugged sports-bar, enhances the vehicles’ sporty profile, while at the rear, a prominent tailgate appliqué makes a bold statement.
Premium SV Sports bucket seats are wrapped in Jasmine leather and Windsor suede, with this trim combination also adorning the instrument panel. Twin-needle red stitching provides an added highlight, also featuring on the leather-wrapped steering wheel, door trims and centre console cover. Branded floor mats round off an impressive interior styling and comfort package.
Contributing to the SportsCat RS’ outstanding driving dynamics are HSV Sports Suspension, a unique ESC and MTV damper tune (designed to deliver a more performance-based handling characteristic), a widened wheel track and increased front ride height that, in addition to reducing the vehicle’s overall rake, delivers superior ground clearance for extreme off-roading.
A premium AP Racing brake package, featuring (front) 4-piston forged brake calipers and 362mm x 32mm diameter rotors, will also be available as a factory option, delivering a class-leading level of stopping power (and driver confidence) in all braking situations.
A full safety complement, including seven airbags, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, trailer sway control, front and rear park assist and a rear-view camera, completes an enviable on and off road package.
Recommended Retail Pricing of the SportsCat RS, with 6-speed automatic transmission, starts from just $63,990, with production strictly limited to 100 units – 94 for Australia and 6 for New Zealand. Build is due to commence at HSV’s new production facility in Clayton South, Victoria, this month.
Recommended Retail Pricing ($A)
- “SportsCat RS” (6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select): $63,990
(N.B. Model pricing quoted is Recommended Retail Pricing and excludes Dealer Delivery and Statutory Charges.)
Major Personalisation Options ($A)
- AP Racing premium brake package: $1,995
- Tub-liner: $300
HSV SportsCat RS Limited Edition - Key Features
- 2.8L 4-cylinder DOHC Duramax Turbo Diesel engine (147kW / 500NM)
- 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select
- Shift-on-the-fly 4WD
- Limited Slip Differential
- Engine sump guard
- HSV Sports Suspension
- Wide wheel track (30mm wider than Colorado Z71)
- Hi-ride height (45mm higher at the front than Colorado Z71)
- Electric Power Steering
- Gloss Black front fascia, grille and lower inserts
- Rugged fender flares
- 18” x 10” 6-spoke forged alloy wheels (matte black)
- Cooper Zeon LTZ Pro Sports All-terrain tyres (285/60 R18)
- LED fog lamps
- LED daytime running lamps
- LED tail lights
- Bonnet bulge
- Tubular side-steps
- Hard tonneau
- Alloy Sports Bar
- Tailgate appliqué
- Red and Black decals
- Black splash tray
- SV Sports seats (Jasmine leather / Windsor suede)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with red highlight stitching
- Perforated leather / suede dash-pad trim
- Red stitching highlights
- SportsCat floor mats
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Front airbags for driver and front passenger
- Front seat side impact airbags
- Full length side curtain airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- Front disc brakes
- Front AP Racing forged 4-piston brake calipers with 362mm x 32mm rotors (option)
- 25.4mm brake master cylinder
- Electronic Stability Control incorporating:
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Traction Control System
- Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist
- Trailer Sway Control
- Roll Over Mitigation
- Front and rear park assist
- Rear-view camera
Cabin Comfort and Conveniences
- Electronic climate control
- Remote window activation (via key-fob)
- 6-way electric adjustable driver seat
- Heated front seats
- MyLink infotainment system with 8” touch-screen
- Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB+) multi-media
- 7-speaker audio
- USB input with iPod® connectivity
- Phone projection featuring Apple® CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Embedded satellite navigation
Practicality and Versatility
- Remote start (auto only)
- Roof rails
- Recovery hooks (front)
- “Soft-open” tailgate strut
- Hard tonneau featuring a “quick-release” mechanism and load-rail provision
- Tub-liner (option)
- Load Master (option)
- Eye-bolt (option)
- Load rack (option)
(Features bolded and italicised are unique to the HSV SportsCat RS Limited Edition vs Holden Colorado Z71)